B&W Name Change Theory

I have a theory that B&W is changing to Bowers and Wilkins due to there now entering the automotive market (Jaguar) and wanting to avoid confusion with BMW. Jaguar wouldn't want people thinking they have a BMW audio system.

Any thoughts?
bundy
Post removed 
Cmon guys let it go, doesnt anyone listen to music? If you like it buy it, if you dont laugh at those who do but for gods sake move on man!
Snofun3. I'm not looking for the final word, I hope you read and understand where I'm coming from on this well diverted topic, and then respond.

I know nothing about the Ford- Volvo of today.

As stated in my original post, my opinion regarded my 1986 Volvo which was purchased 21 years ago and LONG since sold.

This decision was because my son had just been born and I wanted something more substantial than a Honda Civic to wrap around him in Dallas traffic.

Again, owing to the fact that Honda had gotten to where people were willing to pay $1000.00 down, just to be on a list and hope for a car was simply too much for me to bear, especially considering the difference in "substance" between the two cars and the price difference.

My copied and pasted comments were about the original Volvo company, their very reasonably priced 240 series and the good performing 740 Turbo with stunning warranty, when Volvo were trying to earn a spot in the US auto market.

I am "out of the 80’s," in fact I have moved back to USA cars, been driving them for the last 9 years because they are trying to win back customers, having built such bad product for so many years.

I would prefer a Mercedes or BMW wagon, and stopped looking at Volvo (long ago) when rear wheel drive went away. Volvo is not returning to rear wheel drive and I don't have the income to pay for BMW or Mercedes.

I think both of us are arguing points but I'm not sure we're on the same topic or disagreeing.

P.S. I still think B&W or Bowers and Wilkins (if they prefer being called that now) is capable of building a much more musical and linear audio system for automobiles than Bose.

That's what started this diversion, and it was a sincere opinion. I have B&W speakers in my HT system and think the world of them. Especially considering their price point and compact dimensions.
Well Snofun3, I am guilty as charged, I do not have or ever had a Volvo I thought they were up to the level of the Audi I do have, I have both: Audi and Honda (civc) from the same year 2002 and with almost the same mileage (low) let me tell you these 2 machines are worlds apart, the Honda is already a piece of junk while the Audi still smells like new, we refer to the honda as "the Bicycle" it is very reliable, easy to drive, and never needs a any gas, but the Audi is better in every aspect, probably not a fair comparison, Accord V6 most surely will handle better...
My Audi is 2 door, I have a new baby boy so we had to purchase a "real" 4 door car to drive the baby around, we got a big VW.

About B&W I really never liked the sound of those speakers, I hope with the name change comes a better speaker? Horn loaded maybe???
I ain't looking for the last word either. The last one my family has was bought in 1992 or something like that - and it still is a good car 15yrs on. I personally happen to like Bimmers better ('cept for the iDrive thingy). I also happen to like mid-60s Ferraris, and early 30s Bentleys better, and they are no safer (lucky if you have belts), get worse mileage (if they take unleaded), have no place to stick your 2.2 kids and golden retriever without getting cleat marks, saliva, and hair all over the place (and even worse if you consider the dog), and repairing the dented fender from the bonehead in the Safeway parking lot who can't see how far back their Suburban actually goes when they are trying to back out (no offense Albert, but I've seen this a lot) can get expensive.

And back to B&Ws, I agree Albert. Good bang for buck and size. Great value used on the older models where I live. But, when I'm tooling around in any one of my garage full of 1960s Ferraris, I'm listening to the tune of a V12 and a beautiful exhaust note rather than a car radio. Much nicer... Oops, Travis, head out of the clouds... Rather, when I am in the subway, I have my ipod.