$40.000 speaker advise. Check out my list

Hello all,

I'm currently owning a system which consists of Mark Levinson 33H amps, Mark Levinson Nr 32 Pre-amp, a Wadia 860x Cd player and a pair Revel Ultima Studio speakers. Cables are Nordost Valhalla/Valkyrja.

I believe my speakers are the weakest link in my system and am considering upgrading. I listen to all sorts of music, from jazz, classic to pop/dance.

I have a few speakers on my wish list but they are not easy to find to listen to them so I want ask you opinion first before I start searching for a dealer the have one or more of these brands.

Could you please go through the list and rank them from 1 to 6, best to "worse" speaker and explain why you think the list should be in that order.

The speakers I am thinking about are (in random order):

1. Sonus Faber Stradivari
2. Verity Sarastro
3. Lumen White white light
4. Rockport Antares
5. Revel Ultima Salon
6. Avalon Eidolon Diamond

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Max
maxx1973
Hi all,

One speaker I forgot to mention in my list. What do you all think of the Eggleston Savoy speaker and where does it stand in my previous list?

Do you think all of the speakers on my list are able to work properly in my listening room which has the following dimensions

Length: 30 ft
Width: 21 ft
Height: between 10-13 ft

Thanks
Final question (I think).

Do you recon that my Levinson 33H are powerfull enough the drive the Egglestone and other speakers.
Allthough they are "only" 150W / 8ohm I often hear that it seems that the 33H have more power than other brand that have 300W / 8ohm.

Again thanks for your reply.

Although I personally like Eidolons Diamond very much, I doubt that they would make a great match with your system, as some ppl sugested. Same goes for lumen white and other Accuton (ceramic) based speakers. They do require an amp with "musical/organic" sense, natural timbres and an easy flowing liquidity. Preferably a good tubeamp.

Those my expiriences from trying 20+ different amps on my Eidolons Vision anyway.
Length: 30 ft
Width: 21 ft
Height: between 10-13 ft

It will be a matter of proper placement and voicing for each individual speaker rather than a question of if any will not work at all. Just make sure the small end of the room is in the front and not the back if it is a sloping ceiling.

I still think you should check out some Wilson speakers also, if you haven't already... Preference is a fickle thing, I wouldn't want to see you miss out on something you might possibly like better.

- Jeff
Save yourself $27K and buy a pair of Green Mountain Audio Calypso's. 6moons.com will be doign a review on them in the next month or so. I'm betting they will be highly impressed.