What can I drive w/ the 8wpc Air Tight 300B amp?

The Air Tight ATM 300b is the best amp I have ever heard (notwithstanding the VAC 30/30 and 70/70) With 8 watts per channel and a medium sized (14 x 17) room- I don't even think I can drive Quad 2905s. Any recommendations??
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xsamuelg
MaxxHorn Immersion has an 100dB efficiency rating, and I used the 7Wpc Harmonix Reimyo PAT-777 to drive it to enormous volume. Bob Spence himself heard it and was amazed, as well as a number of visiting importers.

Constantine Soo
Publisher, Dagogo
Constantinesoo: Would you agree that my 220 watt tube monoblocks might be a bit of overkill?

Can you tell us more about what you heard? Are they worthy of a in-home audition?
Gerryn, with the MaxxHorn Immersion's 100dB/8Ohms sensitivity, it may only be able to use the first watt or two of your VAC monoblocks; but just like any other high-efficiency speaker, the MaxxHorn will sound more powerful with high-power amplifications. The more important concern is whether the amplifier using a myriad of tubes is of a design ingenious enough to produce the same level of spectral uniformity and microdynamics as that using a single 300B.

From your profile, I can also see you are using a multi-driver speaker system. If you are familiar with speakers featuring a single-driver, then I assume you already have a frame of reference. If not, the MaxxHorn will be very different-sounding than what you have ever experienced.

In-home audition is almost akin to reviewing equipment, the advantage being the absence of obligation to write. If you don't mind uncrating and crating the MaxxHorn, I would urge you to try it. You are also welcome to check out what I found in the following review on MaxxHorn Immersion:

http://www.dagogo.com/MaxxHornImmersion.html

Hope this helps.

Constantine