Horns vs Ribbons vs Dyanamic

Something I've been interested in: could you shed some light on the pros and cons, as well as technical info, of different types of speakers? These are the kinds I know about, are there others?

Horns
Ribbons
Planar
Dynamic
Electrostatic (????)

Thanks
128x128ledhed2222
What about line arrays? Like horns (and sealed versus ported boxes for coned woofers), the line array is a unique driver implementation approach. I've never heard horns or arrays and would value the informed comments of those who've compared arrays to the "dynamic drivers in a box", horns and planars/stats.
stehno...no offense, but test discs by their very nature, only serve the purpose of the test disc manufacturer. i've never met a sound engineer, record producer, or a loudspeaker designer who put'any' stock in test or burn discs. trying 70 pairs of speakers with any test disc may be a sign to relax a bit and just enjoy 'tunes' on your system. take care...its only rock and roll
They all tend to push air. I think there was somthing called the Heil AMT which tended to sqeeze the air like a watermelon seed between you thumb and forfinger?
Jaybo, our so-called 'test' cd was a Natalie Merchant cd. But after 70 or so rounds you can bet it started to sound like a real test cd.

Shadorne, I thought your response was flippant and presumptuous and it seemed to clearly indicate that you did not give me the benefit of any doubt whatsoever with regard to anything I said or where I might possibly be coming from.

Moreover, your response seemed to be a quick attempt to negate my entire post and I had no desire or intention to justify my position to you.

Lastly, I don't recall ever responding in a smug manner to 'others' as I did here to you. So it's really just my attitude toward you and hopefully isolated to just this thread.

-IMO
Stehno wrote,
"At CES 2008 we must have evaluated about 70 pairs of speakers using a certain test cd."

For god's sake your in the future! What does gas cost next year?