PMC IB1's close to rear wall, is this O.K.?

Any owners of these use them say within 2' feet of the wall behind them?
I've seen a pair locally and they might be the possible answer to my Proac 3.8 rear porting issues.
alun
Ryder,

As a matter of a fact, my friend used to have the same speakers as you, PMC LB1 Signature, now replaced with IB2. The rest of system remained the same, with addition of room treatment.
Sashav,

Thanks for the tip. I knew the IB2's were too huge for my room. Your friend's room is still much larger than mine. Since I can only place my speakers along the short wall, there is no way the IB2's can fit into a width of 11'.

I am not surprised that you felt the bass was tad boomy in that smallish room as the IB2 really pumps out prodigious bass. When I listened to these at low volume in a very large room(about 20'x50'), the bass is full and controlled with a sound that's well-balanced from top to bottom. I never felt anything was lacking with that setup and my perception towards PMC speakers had changed since then. I ended up with the LB1 Sigs though as these would fit perfectly in my room dimensions. I thought these sounded better than the FB1 but the IB1's just blew these little speakers away. Nevertheless, I have my speakers high-passed with a subwoofer and this takes the system to a higher league. I cannot imagine listening to any monitors without a subwoofer now.

Do let us know in your other thread if the 7B-SST's were a huge improvement over the 4B-SST when you get them.
Thanks for the usefull info. I guess it's time to go and hear them proper before fully commiting to selling my 3.8's.
Cheers