PMC IB1's close to rear wall, is this O.K.?

Any owners of these use them say within 2' feet of the wall behind them?
I've seen a pair locally and they might be the possible answer to my Proac 3.8 rear porting issues.
alun
If I recall bass goes like this Spendor - Harbeth - PMC - Proac in increasing order. ATC is actually regarded as bass lean by most people compared to "average" consumer speakers that tend to be a little bass heavy (bass sells).
Sashav,

May I know what is your friend's room dimension, and the IB2's are on the short wall or long wall?

Thanks.
Shadorne, do you mean Spendor would be the most bass shy? Or is your scale based on quality as in Spendor has the best bass in general.
Thanks
Alun,

Yes indeed I was trying to give you an idea of bass strength...these are all good speakers including your existing speakers, selection being a matter of taste.
Ryder,

I cannot say with certainty, but I would guess 17X15 or so, placed along the longer wall.
He is quite close to the speakers, around 9 feet, anything closer would not be good.
The acoustic treatment did wonders in his place, there is still a tad of boomines with some material, but nothing that is detrimental.
Seems to me that with these speakers it is more important that you are at the correct distance from the speakers, and at the correct height, than the distance of speakers from the back wall.