New sonus faber Cremona M version

Hi

Saw that sonus faber has made a new version of the cremona called the cremona M.

Have enybody heard thise .

thanks
tda2200
Not my meaning to kick the dead horse here , but i whent back not to listen to the Cremona M again but buying some other stuff.

But listend to them again, and the sounded the same, and NOT to my likeing.
We tryed 3 different amps and frontends, some amps where monoamps costing 30.000 other where tube amps and different sources from mcintosh to primare to krell , and it all sounded pretty much the same.

I was completyly baffeld by this becaue the org cremona was so sensitiv to what the where driven with.

This telles me that you can not tweak the new cremona m to sound better

In my book the better the speaker the more different it will sound with what gear you drive it with.

Eny way its my personal findings others may disagree but take my advice do listend to both before buying
Tda,

now don't hold back...tell us how you really feel about the M's :) Are you saying, I should keep my "old" Cremona's .... I can assure you that the professional reviews are all going to say that the new M's are better than the old.
Hi pinkus

I really wanted to like the cremona M , and since its suppose to be easyer to install in smaller rooms i spend alot of time and efforts to test it to see if i could get them to sound in the same ballpark as the old.

But the did not, bass is good but rest has no similaritys to the orginal one, infact it was steril transperant and bright.

My dealer is very alternativ and his price for the new was the same as the orginal one so my option is not money dependent.

The org one is clearly suppirior to my ears, and ALOT more musical and much more coherd sounding.
And it has that magic with voices.

Some may say hey it has to be better since its a newer design.

But remember this the new one was designed by a completly new team , infact i may be that teams first try out , and franco serblin had nothing to do with it.
Secondly it was created over a pretty short time maybe 5 month at best.

Franco gave the old one 3 years.

Secondly the orgnial one used the best drivers, and uses top kvality mundorf suprem crossover components wich the new one dos not from what i have been told.

The new one is clearly a make money speaker,
the org one was franco doing what he dos best making emotional sounding speakers using whatever was best at that time. and then left other to decide have much it shall cost.

If you look at the grand piano and compare it to the cremona it seems that the price increasse it purly component cost.
Thst as freaking miracle in audio.

If you like the sound of your cremonas keep them.

Take it from me the price of the M was the same for the orginal one through my dealer and i fullhardly chose the org one.

regards
Tda, in your opinion does the original Cremona auditor also have the "magic"? The auditor also has a new M version.

BTW, I'm wondering do you like Audio Physics? The new version of the Virgos (the "Virgo V") might also be something to consider - I haven't heard it yet but I like the older Virgos and their new tweeter and midrange drivers look interesting.

Thanks
Analogkid
Hi analog kid

Absolutly i like the auditor very much, it sounds identical to the cremona only the big cremona has the amazing dynamics.

But the both share the same nonefatigueing top and almost wet sounding midrange.
Yes I would say the auditor has the magic but the big cremona are more emotional.

In my search for speakers i heard 4 different speakers from audio physics.

Also there top of the line chronos.

I liked them but wassent blowaway, the smaler ones where the best, dont know why but the side fireing bass just dont sound right to my ears.

The are good speakers better then many but in the end the sounded just to plain.

Thnaks