New sonus faber Cremona M version

Hi

Saw that sonus faber has made a new version of the cremona called the cremona M.

Have enybody heard thise .

thanks
tda2200
"Hi branimir

Just read the specs on the new cremona M it seems that it only goes down to around 40 hz can this really be true ?
because the old whent down to 32 hz i read somewhere that the new m should be more capeble in the bass how can this be when it dossent go as low ?"

Answer is simple as possible-SF was lying to us before! Elipsa is rated 35Hz and I can tell you it is going far deeper in bass then original Cremona... Franco Serblin was a true fan of overoptimistic frequency range data... Few examples my Amati Anniversario's are rated till 24hz but, in room(with room gain!) they go to 25Hz(-3db) and 20Hz is at -10db, Guarneri Memento is rated till 39Hz...

Do not worrie. new Cremona M goes deeper then old one. Problem is that SF was lying before(or publishing overoptimistic data...).

Personally, I am glad that new designer Paolo Tezzon is telling us only true... Good sign and good sound as well if I judge his work on Elipsa.
Branimir, here is a look at the in-room frequency response as published by Stereophile: http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/304sonus/index3.html

As you can see, the bass extends down to 25Hz. Also the port tuning frequency is 30 HZ. I do not think anyone is lying here. I think there is either a misprint the new Cremona M's specs, or it is a different speaker with less extended bass.
Pinkus,

New Cremona M is 40Hz-30kHz(anechoic) and old Cremona is rated to 32Hz(in room!).

Also John Atkinson room is pretty bass friendly(nice room gain).

BTW, if you look John Atkinson review of Amati Anniversario you will see that Anniversario do not go any deeper in bass in his room then old Cremona. BUT, in my room(almost 40m2) difference in bass definition, depth and tightness between Anniversario and old Cremona are night and day, belive me!
Elipsa also has better bass to my ears then old Cremona but, it is rated only to 35Hz(anechoic)...

Point is with room gain new Cremona M will go deeper then old one, at least IMHO...
Here is a some more news

http://www.audiotechnique.com/chc/309/309.htm

scrool down a littel No thats a cremona M with wires in it

I translated the text here it is

In order to celebrate Italy to have a fever speaker brand Sonus Faber to be located the Hong Kong intermediate belt all father to benefit the street 1 901 room exhibition rooms to be open for business, deep and clear ? uncommon president Cesare Bevilacqua especially flies to Hong Kong from Italy to carry on the ribbon cutting ceremony, Cesare this line of another single layers if must recommend two section for the Hong Kong fan to stem from the brand-new design troop brushwork the speaker product, first section named Elipsa, three group three unit designs, the 260mm bass unit inspires the plate material to select the light quality quantity aluminum/magnesium alloy, the crosswise -like development sandwich sound box surface ? on fine selects the maple tree which elects thin to bark.

Another section is take long-term sale Cremona as a foundation, from inside to the outside passes through comprehensive innovation in the Cremona M, M is a Modify word in simple form, the sound box back line appears the little change, is helpful to strengthen the sound proliferation, uses the metal founding the foot rest shape also to pass through slightly modifies, provides the better center of gravity distribution, in addition divides the sound also to make the appropriate readjustment, four unit qualities maintain invariably.

Cesare
Declared he has spent period of quite long time, has carefully compared the new old Cremona difference, draws the conclusion is the Modify edition low frequency has the good under potential, takes in and puts away the counter-strain sprightly, timbre trim as before outstanding.If your excellency desire plans the promotion replacement medium place speaker, individual suggestion arrives Sonus the Faber exhibition room to listen to these two section newest products first, only then does finally reaches a verdict.

if im reading this right the new cremona is truly a better speaker the the old because the have compared the two extensivly.
And that the new cremona is just as good as the elipsa.