How often to apply wax,to cabinet?

I had read that a good wax,like Briwax/Sheradale is the best care for speaker cabinets,with a laquer finish.I applied a good coating one year ago,and have my speakers in a dedicated room,with no smoke,and little dust.
How soon do I need to reapply the wax,as it is "work" to do correctly.I do not notice any wax loss,but want to keep the surface perfect.
Thanks in advance!
sirspeedy70680e509
Does any wax or oil actually penetrate for moisturizing into wood that has been laquered or varnished?
When building a cabinet (I'm a woodworker) the adage goes: "Once a day for a week. Then, once a week for a month. Then, once a month for a year."

What kind of confuses me is wax over laquer. With most laquer finishes - think of piano black - applying wax over laquer would only dull the finish. Assuming that your speaker cabs look better for having done the wax job previously, I'd say go ahead and do it again if you think it needs it.

Wood moves. Wood or wood veneers can dry out. The point of the laquer finish and wax is to radically slow down the process so that it takes decades instead of months to dry out (or sponge up.)

To answer your question more directly: If it's been a year, you would likely want to do it again soon.

/Rob

PS: Feel free to contact me offline with any other wood questions you might have.
Wax is done, once wax is done... The only reason a car needs re-treatment is of course going thru the sun, rain, cold, hot, dirt off the road etc.... It will break down and become necessary to re apply... Speakers, well unless you travel with them playing in the back of your pickup running around, they will be fine once shined up in your living room... Of course fingerprints or something could cause you to do a quick touchup.
Gammajo, any finish that will protect wood from water damage isn't going allow moisturizing oil to get into the finish either. Naturally oily woods like teak that have an oil finish do benefit from occasional moisturizing with oil I think. But most hardwoods don't have much, if any, natural oils that need replacing. After thinking about this, I imagine pretty much all speakers are manufactured in plants that use a catalyzed urethane or acrylic lacquer finish. If this is the case, the wood is sealed and waxes are only going to protect against abrasion and help to keep dust from adhering to the finish. Again, the best protection for good wood is to avoid large humidity fluctuations and air that's too dry.
Thanks for the responses,so far.To go a bit further,I have a constant winter humidity of 45%.In summer it stays around 55%.I am always in the "supposed" safety zone of 40-60 % year long.NO sunlight,and a STUNNING pair of Avalon Ascent MK-2's,which I am in love with.Gorgeous Olive wood,and laquered finish.
My manual says to use a polish,like Weiman's cream,but I had read an article in a woodwork magazine(last year) that was emphatic about cleaners/creams as being a waste of time,over laquer.The article stated that a good wax,like Sheradale by Briwax,would protect the finish,and seal the cabinet from moisture,or abrasions.
My thinking is that the laquer already seals the wood,so the moisture issue is not a problem,so long as humidity is good,and consistent.
Yet,the comment about the wax adding to drying out the wood troubles me!I hope this is not the case.I did some web checking,and ALL articles claimed a good wax is the best way to go.I hope this is true,but wanted to know if something like a yearly application is needed.As stated,there is NO loss of wax(very hard,btw) on my cabinets.
Best!