Any one have Tetras

I've read a few things about Tetras. Apparently they are favored by a number of jazz muscians because they sound like "actual music". Ron Carter has them. I do know that. But I can't find out too much about them. I'm trying to decide if it is worth a drive to listen to them.

Any experience with them, anyone?
regalma1
My friend has a pair of 406's - in a few words, they are very nice sounding speakers and are not a difficult drive. They image nicely, are very coherent & punchy, without sounding bloated. (they are not inexpensive, but nothing worthwhile is.)
I don't own them, but I heard them at a Stereophile show a few years back, and heard them at a local dealer a few months after that, as my friend and I both thought they sounded good enough to warrant hearing in a better environment. I thought they sounded very good, both at the show and at the dealers. And at the time, the prices were fairly reasonable.

However, lately their prices seem to have climbed a bit.
If you are in Canada, (where they are built), they are probably cheaper, and therefore would represent a better value then they do here in the US.

My advice would be find a nice restaurant near the closest dealer, and make a day out of it, and have a listen and then a nice meal with a nice bottle of wine. (or better yet visa versa! A word of warning though - After a nice bottle of wine, most equipment will sound better than it does without the wine!

My two cents worth.
I have the Neon Tetras and they can hold their own in any tank..uh, any system.
I recently bought a pair of the 305 Manhattan, or I guess sometimes called "The Kids". I have very few places around to here any speakers. I was at the one shop in town looking to listen to some Rega R5 speakers. For the money they were real nice. I was looking for something for my small size 11x14 room, to replace my 14 year old PSB mini Stratus. The Dealer also had one pair of the 305's on a special. We hooked them up and wow, I had to have them. They sounded great, looked great, beautiful cabinetry !! Amazing bass from a fairly small floor stander out of a 4.5" woofer. These were not in my budget, but for being in the right place at the right time, this particular pair I could swing.
Here is a picture of my speakers still at the shop I got them at.
http://www.waynefi.homestead.com/files/tetra_305.jpg