Monitor with Portal Panache & Rega Planet?

Seeking monitor speaker recommendations synergistic with Portal Panache integrated amp and Rega Planet CD player, $2,000 or under, used or new. I listen to jazz, classical, folk. Have subwoofer. Small room. Thinking about monitors from Proac, Von Schweikert, Green Mountain, RBH, Wilson... Thanks for your help!
pmboyd
Again, with the Panache, you'll have a large selection to choose from, albeit the really power-hungry ≥87db efficiency or planar speakers should be very carefully considered as they may need more juice, depending on your room and tastes. Again, I'd point you towards Silverline's excellent choices; the Sonatina or Sonatas would likely be a wonderful combination, with the Sonatas giving you more bass. No association with them, BTW - just think he makes damn fine speakers. Also look at used Soliloquy's if you don't mind that the company is out of business. The upside of that is that you can get some of their top line floorstanders at great prices. Downside is lack of replacement drivers (though Underwoodwally - Walter Liederman - did have some stock left over a few months back). I drove some of the less expensive 5.3's with the Panache for a short while and that combination was great. 6.2's 6.3's and 6.5's would also likely yield a nice combination, though no direct experience to vouch for that. Call it an educated guess based upon owning the 5.3's and having heard the 5.3's and 6.2's in other's systems. I think you'd get some big bang for your buck at current used prices on Soliloquy's. From personal experience, and as a generalization, I've found that three and four-way floor standers, while offering a fuller sound, often don't have quite the razor-sharp focus of the soundstaging abilities of a great monitor. On the other hand they do give you that low end without benefit of a sub. You should probably go out and try to listen to some different speakers if you can. It will give you some ideas about what you like and what you don't in speaker. If you decide to buy a used floorstander (or monitor, for that matter), do be sure the seller takes care about packing and shipping/shipper - they are heavy and easily damaged by poor packing and or handling. A good shipper, and insurance are both good investments. A few questions that might fine tune others responses: What kind of music do you listen to...at what volume...in what size room...which sub do you have...what speakers are you listening to now and what do you like and not like about them?

Marco
Jazz, Classical.... JM Reynaud, tough to beat...best value Twin MkIII or Sig, best overall Offrandes.
The fact that Reynaud uses natural rubber in the surrounds worries me about their durability, though I have high praise for their sound.