Monitor Audio Gold series

I see the GS 10 & GS 20 seies would appear to be new offerings that have gained top marks in the British HiFi press that seem to be somewhat more objective than say the "speaker of the month cub" over at Stereophile.I am given to understand the integration between thier bass/midrange drivers & the evolutioary hybrid ,multi composite tweeter they have been developing over many years now is quite good....similar in this respect to Dynaudio & Seas.

Has anyone reviewed & or owned either of these speakers?I note there are very few of these speakers anywhere second hand which means people either really like them & do not want to sell or very few of them are sold relative to these aforementioned driver based systems here in North America.

Because I am still searching for that reasonably affordable speaker with the smooth nonsibilant uppermids,I thought I would put this out & see what the views of my fellow Audiogoners are on these.

Comments if any please.

Bill

Kelowna B.C.
audiopath49
Regarding sibilance ...

I have GS 10s, Arcam FMJ CD/Pre/Monoblocs.

When I tried Nordost Red Dawn ( rev II ) speaker cables,
the sibilance was painful. Bottom of the line Kimber speaker
cables, or better, 14/2 romex ( solid copper electrical wire ),
and the tweeters are smooth as silk, very articulate.

I went back and forth 20 times -- how could $800 speaker
cables sound significantly worse than romex, at 12 cents a foot?!
Well, they did.

Most folks don't know about Home Depot being a high end audio store. Ssssshhhh.
How did this go from MA GR's to 14/2 romex?
Fact is,MA has a long awaited Platnium series coming sometime in early summer.
I'm from kelowna too.
I just ordered the gs 20's and the matching center channel speaker.
I paid 3600 for all three speakers.
I think this was a good price.
I went to the store expecting to buy b&w's twice the price.
The monitor audios sounded much better to me.
I also tried totem, tannoy, kef's.
Hi Jim...Did you buy them in Kelowna or go down to the coast? What type of equipment do you use with the 20s?I finally settled on some Tyler Acoustics Signature monitors however one developed a tweeter or crossover problem during the fist 200 hours which is break in time manifesting in a rsy sound coming from the tweeter. I decided to send the other speaker back to as I was not sure it was functioning properly either .Right now Tyler is doing some upgrades for me including rewiring them with premium grade speaker wire which is the same Analysis Plus that I am using to biwiring them & some Cardas binding posts as some feel these two relatively inexpensive upgrades make a significant difference since the drivers he uses etc are world class & appear in speakers costing 2 to 4 times the full retail price .I think I may have gotten a bad element in the crossovers since they were new along with the drivers. These speaker have a stellar reputation & Ty is one of the real gentleman in the business so I know he will check everything over very carefully prior to sending them back. I then have to decide which of two amps I have on hand sounds the best with them ,the Rogue Audio Tempest II tube integrated or the Portal Panache solid state .I will then sell the other one.

I would be curious to how the 20s sound with your amp & front end that

Bill