The Shape of the Watt / Puppy and Others

I have seen several Speakers now that seem similair in shape to the Watt/Puppys.

Two that immediatley come to mind are the Von Schweikert VR 4SR Mk 2, and the Hyperions 938,and 968.

Each of these speakers use different drivers but they seem to be the same size drivers , amount of drivers and are placed in the same configuration as each other.

I cant help but wonder...

How do these compare to the more expensive Watt/Puppys in sound and value?
128x128ozzy
Tvad,
I agree, except I am having a very hard time finding places to demo.
I was hoping to reduce the search.
Post removed 
Ozzy, what do you want that you don't have with the Legacy speakers? Are you really just looking for something that looks like a WP? You haven't said, do you like the WP sound? And which WP did you hear?

To my ear, the VR4Sr and the Hyperion 938--have not heard the 968, but once drove a 928--do not perform at or beyond the level of the WP7 or WP8. Does that mean you would/would not be happy with an alternative to the WP? See comments above regarding hearing them for yourself.

Now, if you really want the definitive answer, you'll find it on the Wilson Audio site:
“My goal remains to build products that are so good that our competition is rendered irrelevant.”

Boo-ya!
Give the VR4Sr's a listen. I prefer them strongly to the Wilson sound with my equip in my room. Yet I can see why many would prefer Wilson - you just gotta listen yourself.
I'd love to see a Wilson vs Von Schweikert matchoff review. Would be great to read about the battle of the two often compared titans. Watt Puppy vs VR 4 or 5 would be really interesting reading.

Also, you never see reviews about Von Schweikert speakers in the major pubs. It seems they don't play the marketing game that Dave does by advertising in the national pubs and insisting on the dealer doing everything for you. Wilson won't sell you a pair of speaks without sending someone to the house to set them up, something that I think is a bit extreme given that most of us audiophiles love to read about the stuff and tweak ourselves.

Of course, to listen to the Von Schweikerts one pretty much needs to travel to the factory, which can't help their sales any. I need to hear a speaker before I buy it. Yet, I hear they are pretty awesome and look forward to listening at CES. Too bad I can't fin anyone in the Bay Area to give me a listen.

/Lee