magnepan mmgs-buy zero autoformers or stands 1st?

the mmgs sound good with my 40wpc el34 tube amp, but the bass needs tightening up. what would benefit me more, the zero autoformers or the mye stands. i'm thinking both will help immensely, but don't have the dough right now for both. thanks
cooch
Post removed 
yep, you are right. and despite some opinions, i really believe this amp has plenty enough power and current. i will let the maggies break in first, then decide. it's been 5 days since i've had them. hopefully, all they need is break-in time. i appreciate your advice....
Your speakers may develop a bit more nuance and the bass may "tighten up" a tad but don't delude yourself here.

Earthshaking, paint-peeling bass is not a characteristic of the MMG or any other Maggie for that matter but then again you knew that prior to purchase.
cmon' now, not looking for earthshaking, paint-peeling bass. just tighter on some recordings......
Rather than listen to all these opinions, I suggest that you beg, borrow, or steal a higher powered SS amp and listen to what it does with the MMGs. Then decide for yourself. But don't decide on your small tube amp without even listening to anything else.