Talon-New owner-NO customer service

I have a Talon Roc I purchased from a fellow Audiogon member. It developed a buzz after two months of use. I called talon, now owned by Rives and told them the problem. I got a call from Katie saying they no longer dealt with the amp manufacturer but she would call me back. She didn't so I called a week later. Basically they weren't interested in my plight, even if if I paid for out of warrenty service. They did say I could replace the amp for $1600!!!!! That is a "we don't don't care, but if you pay this-we will-price"!!!! A call to Richard got me, "go buy a Crown amp for a $1000 and make a wood panel for the back"
BEWARE---it appears Rives do not want to support Talons existing products!!!
128x128robyatt
Robyatt, I realize in your first post & combination of your last post of clarity, this is purely about customer service then... Okay you got a not so stellar treatment, you had questions that were not satisfied.. However this does not mean that a company owes you extended warranty, it is very possible depending how old the sub is that it should be covered, but I think it is more than likely it is older than the short warrantys given with a sub.. Most would have a very short period, tops normally 3 years, maybe 5, but I doubt 5 on the amp... So you were not given what you wanted to hear, that is understandable, but your not even sure how old the unit is, or was when you bought it, I would start there next time.

I don't see any info on Rives/Talon site for warranty, so now I am curious, all the speakers I buy I can go on each of their websites right now and it is very clearly stated what the warranty periods are on each component, most subs are however broken down with like 3 years on all craftsmanship and driver/cabinet etc.., and 1 year on plate amps from what I have seen. Some of the higher end guys probably offer 5 years total, I would figure out the age of the unit, and Via serial # Rives should have a way to find out, but then again they might not even have anymore info on it than you from the original company owners.
Hate to say it, but I think in this situation, it's all about Robyatt. I think Rives was pretty upfront about what was needed to repair the subwoofer amp, and I think that they were willing to do it at cost, but apparently, that wasn't good enought for our friend, Robyatt. Glad he found a cheaper solution, and I certainly hope it works out for him, but nevertheless, I think with Robyatt, there was no way to make this guy happy. People need to remember that customer service (in the best sense), is a two way street.
"The original owner says it is still under warrenty! "

From Rives:
"we bought the assetts to Talon Audio Technologies. The transaction was similar to a bankruptcy sale, in that we did only buy the assetts. Thus technically all speakers made prior to our purchase of the company do not have the company behind it that warranted it."

My conclusion: the original owner misled you, but you chose to believe it. You bought some used gear, from a bankrupt manufacturer, to save money, took a risk, and on this occasion it did not pay off. Buying used is like that. Sometimes it doesn't work out.

Rives offered to help, but a like-for-like replacement was not available, so the cost of rework was higher than it would otherwise have been.

You got unlucky, but I don't see why Rives owes you any service at a loss to his company.
I am done with this! I repaired the sub throgh my own efforts and for minimal cost. So all you Rives/Talon sympathizers, go ahead buy some Talon speakers with confidence. I wish you good luck, and good listening. May the music be with you!
After all of your slander and innuendo, you changed a fuse. Maybe should have looked there first.