Mainstream reviews-why so few?

I have a question as to why certain products, such as the Green Mountain Audio Europa speakers, raved about on audiogon, receive so little mainstream press exposure? Maybe there are several reasons, but I am just curious. Thanks in advance for any comments.
douglasmkatz
" They assigned it to Jonathon Valin. He jumped ship and went to Stereophile taking the Timbre with him." Really? I doubt it.
Kal, You're right. It was Jonathan Scull. The rest can be found in Volume 17 #4. Sorry I got my Jonathans crossed.
client lists are probably the best advertising, IMHO, I never trust reviews....a mixed bag, IMHO.
Paulfolbrecht. There's a lot of figures on the site, but no independant verification, no graphs to back it all up.

I was saying I'd like to see a Stereophile type review where someone independant reproduces their measurements.

The original GMA site, before the company went hugely upmarket about 2 years ago, had some real graphs .... something that look like it might have been produced as a result of measurement. That all went when the web site got a face lift.

I like their speakers, I own a pair of their speakers. Roy is a really nice guy and a pleasure to do business with, but in my opinion a good review and accompanying measurements from one of the main publications in the industry would help them overcome the skepticism that many potential buyers have when a product is lauded on the forums and unheard of in the press.
Why isn't it good enough to just own and enjoy the products you like without professional endorsement?
I believe it is healthier for a company (or designer) to have to strive for acceptance. Once success is achieved, complacency sets in and the product suffers.
This free market system we hear touted is actually a good thing. I'd like to see it continue as is with less interference from the "experts" rather than more.