best all-round,full range at $2000

Looking for a full range offering at the 2K price point. I'll be playing orchestral, big band jazz, small combo jazz, male & female vocal bits, solo acoustic instrumentals, and classic rock. So, what say ye? What's the best all-rounder at the 2K mark. New, or gently used works for me~
gregcon57
I really had my heart set on a pair of Vandy 3 sigs. Then a couple things happened. 1: I got my gear tossed into a much smaller room (11 x 13.5)than I was previously using.
2: Believe it or not, FedEx Ground LOST one of a pair of pristine 3s on its; way to me; makes me sick~
I'm thinking of heading out to listen to the Vandy 2, Gallo Ref, and Von S Jr. I still may try to work a set of Vandy 3s in, if I can convince myself of making them work in that room.
Thanks to all for the input.

Greg
For about 3 decades Vandy 2 has been a top choice for this (inflationd adjusted) category. I'd also listen to the hybrid planars from Eminent Technology which IMHO is the "stealth" choice. Different sounding speakers, but both are outstanding, both are near full range, and both are in your price range.

Good Luck,

Marty
Hey Y'all,

My vote goes with Rottweiler and the VR-2's. I'm using a pair, usually the rear channels in my surround set up, as my main left and right until I receive my VR-4jr MkII's. I can honestly say these speakers are incredible. I can't believe that these speakers are only $3000.00 brand new. You could probably pick up a pair on the 'Gon for no more then $1500.00. At that price, they are a steal. The frequency response is 25 Hz to 25 kHz, they put up a big soundstage and image like crazy. I hope you find what you are looking for. Enjoy........John