Best monitor under 5k?

I am looking for some opinions on what monitor speakers under $5000 give the most bang for the buck. I may have to move into a smaller apartment and am looking for something that would work in a smaller environment.
kmiller5
Try to find used or demo Revel Studio Gems, these should cost less than $5K. Distant second for totem mani 2. If you want full range speakers go for revel f52s. The gems are breathtaking in midrange clarity and imaging.
I live in a studio apartment and love my Krells. The retail for $4,000, not including the stands. Their 8" midbass woofer gives them a respectable bass response for a stand-mounted speaker. They sound great!

Pic here:

http://cgim.audiogon.com/i/vs/s/f/1144959291.jpg
I feel that the AAD 2001 is an excellent monitor speaker. It is a Phil Jones design. To my ear, they have great high frequency extension that is non-fatiguing, and tremendous bass extension (if not weight … as expected). The bass extension gives a nice "full" sound without boom or bloat in the lower mids. The bass response is fast; "tight and tuneful" as some would say. The mids are also very good. The mids give up a bit in ultimate detail compared to the most detailed monitors I have heard, but are well above average in this regard. I have found that the "best in class" monitors for midrange detail generally will not have the bass extension or clarity of the 2001 and can be fatiguing for me on the high end compared to the 2001. I have not listened to classical music on them but the AAD 2001 handles jazz, vocals (male an female), and all forms of rock/alternative/progressive/etc., with aplomb. Go and give them a listen and let us know what you think!

And remember, buy what YOU like not what I like!! ;-)

Enjoy!
NHT Xd. Slightly more than $5K, but they include amps and stands. Better than the Dynaudio C1's and Special 25's that I used to own.
I have just gone thorugh this search and bought the Callistos new, full retail price direct from Roy (no dealers here and he is only 2 hours from my house). I doubt that you will find any used, but there are "wanted" ads. They seem like a steal at $2900.

I did not restrict myself to monitors. The callistos can compete with many floorstanders for fuul-range sound. They sound great with a very wide range of music. Neutral with pace, but smooth.

Sold my old Vandies and selling the Tylers I tried out. Both very nice speakers, but the Callistos kill them both for my tastes. If you prefer extra warmth, the Tylers might fit.

They really need 200 hours of solid break-in.

Pay attention to ports for a smsll area. Rear ported speakers seem to require more space behind them. The callistos are bottom-ported.