Bloated speakers/weight wise

Hopefully most of us are keeping to our new years diet resolutions. But what about speakers, can they be overweight too? How many of us enjoy shoving around a speraker that weighs in at MORE than we do? I mean really is it really necessary to have speakers that weigh in at more than 150 lbs? I might go as high as 175, but even that is in need of a diet. What do you get more from a 150 lb speaker that i don't get from my 70 lb speaker.
So who are the haaviest speakers on the planet? list some brands and corresponding weiths.
I know Legacy and Wilson's are up there, any others?
bartokfan
I sold something, and delivered it, to a guy who has a pair of these www.magico.net/product_reference.html he said they weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 lbs. I can't find any specs on their website.
The density & damping qualities of the cabinet material contribute to the weight. It seems to be the best way of eliminating cabinet resonances. Like in life, there`s no free lunch.
My speakers are over 300lbs each, but it isnt like you move them alot so its no big deal to me, I have serious doubts that any 70lb speaker can be as nuetral as a much heavier speaker.
In classical mechanics, acceleration (a) is related to force (F) and mass (m) by way of Newton's second law:
F = m * a
a = F/m
As you can see, if the mass [speaker weight] increases, than the acceleration or movement of the speaker DECREASES.
Chad, with a bigger heftier amp I can make my 70 lb speakers blow the roof off this place, 40X30 cathedral room. The only thing is the dual 7 inchers roll off the lower 20-40 hz/s. Which is why I may go to a 3 way with a 8 inch woofer/at 100 lbs each, will go down to 30hZ.
Someone mentioned 1000 lb pair!!!! Can anyone here lift a 500 lb speaker???!!! Even budging it would require 2 guys. I realize Tyler has some monsters, but I believe he sells those to studos/commercial. Or does anyone here have Tyler's Super Towers with dual 10's? I guess they weigh in at 600 lbs each. Honestly I wouldn;'t even want to own a pr that size. Not for any price. As the speaker has now taken dominance over the music, classical music that is.
Paul