Bloated speakers/weight wise

Hopefully most of us are keeping to our new years diet resolutions. But what about speakers, can they be overweight too? How many of us enjoy shoving around a speraker that weighs in at MORE than we do? I mean really is it really necessary to have speakers that weigh in at more than 150 lbs? I might go as high as 175, but even that is in need of a diet. What do you get more from a 150 lb speaker that i don't get from my 70 lb speaker.
So who are the haaviest speakers on the planet? list some brands and corresponding weiths.
I know Legacy and Wilson's are up there, any others?
bartokfan
My mains tip the scales at 142 LBS for each speaker. Weight wise this is rather ungainly. Heavy speaker usually equals bigger box, bigger magnets and heavier braced damped cabinets. This is all good but I think you hit diminishing returns after about 100 LBS as the audible benefits become smaller but the weight/size begins to affect placement and ease/cost of transport.
I sold something, and delivered it, to a guy who has a pair of these www.magico.net/product_reference.html he said they weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 1000 lbs. I can't find any specs on their website.
The density & damping qualities of the cabinet material contribute to the weight. It seems to be the best way of eliminating cabinet resonances. Like in life, there`s no free lunch.
My speakers are over 300lbs each, but it isnt like you move them alot so its no big deal to me, I have serious doubts that any 70lb speaker can be as nuetral as a much heavier speaker.
In classical mechanics, acceleration (a) is related to force (F) and mass (m) by way of Newton's second law:
F = m * a
a = F/m
As you can see, if the mass [speaker weight] increases, than the acceleration or movement of the speaker DECREASES.