Plastic ring over tweeter opinion

I was looking at the Mapleshade Audio website and they recommend:

"Remove your speaker's cloth or foam grill. Snip off any plastic phase ring in front of the tweeter. You'll hear as much as a 100% improvement in treble."

I wonder what members think of this "tweek"...it seems rather irreversible.
stearnsn
Z, the other thread was quite old and I thought it relevent to this one, but, point taken. I certainly did not complain to Agon. Re: your last line, I don't get you, but I speak for the record and to those with ears to hear. As they say in AA, take what works for you and leave the rest. I thought your questions were good ones, just didn't llke the attitude.
PP: They posted it, but I'm having trouble posting my response there because my pooter has picked this time to start arbitrarily freezing up on me. I already lost this short reply once, and about half of my detailed post over there this morning...it might be a while... :-(
There was a thread on Audio Asylum about removing the plastic bit around tweeters. Charles Hansen of Ayre acoustics said these parts are "helmholz" radiators tuned to beam at a frequency, somewhere between 12 and 16Khz, in order to make the treble more pronounced. He espouses removing them as well for better overall audible performance. However, it will void warranties, might be cosmetically bad, and does seem to be irreversible, so it could negatively effect resale value.
Update: More than two years after the fact, Audiogon has now deleted from the archives my above-referenced thread concerning the advice (such as circumsizing your tweeters) proffered in the Mapleshade catalog. Let me say for the record that, any sarcastic tone aside, everything I took exception with over there was 100% accurately quoted verbatim from their catalog, and for each point I provided factually sound reasons why many of the actions Mr. Sprey urges without any disclaimers or caveats could not always be of benefit. I guess the truth hurt somebody too much to bear.
Zaikesman...Censoring seems to be quite haphazard. What passes one day is gone the next. Sometimes the missing post is quite innocuous, and I wonder if I mistakenly didn't hit the proper key.