Pick your poison...2-channel or multi?

This post is just to get a general ideas among audiophiles and audio enthusiasts; to see who really likes what. Here's the catch!

If you were restricted to a budget of $10,000, and wanted to assemble a system, from start to finish, which format would you choose, 2 channel or mulichannel?

I'll go first and say multichannel. I've has to opportunity to hear a multichannel setup done right and can't see myself going back to 2-channel. I'm even taking my system posting down and will repost it as a multichannel system.

So...pick your poison! Which one will it be, 2-channel or multichannel.
cdwallace
"I haven't called you a liar at any time."

Phil you are correct. You haven't called me a liar, you just said my opinion and belief is a lie. But you didn't call ME a liar, yes!

"Economically, MC is about movies, as movies are the hook the entire industry's marketing machine is using to entice people into MC. The music side of it is a sideshow economically, however."

Save the hogwash about economics. It's not about marketing or the industry fooling consumers. It's about the music, remember.

"YOU posed the question. Don't protest that you don't like the answer!"

Your right, I did pose the question...and I'm not protesting the answer. Your opinion is your opinion. I'm protesting the content of your answer, because its just plain misguided...dare I say wrong.

"I have heard music MC correctly. It is not an advance in fidelity, IMO. I've probably heard more diverse and correct music MC installations than 99.99% of people who have heard MC of any type."

I've heard the 00.01% system you haven't. You'd be shock how it sounds.

"It's not a scheme for convincing fidelity, in my view, but I do understand why some people are seduced by it and enjoy it."

Everyone hasn't been seduced! We've sat down in the listening chair and come to our own conclusion that MC picks up where 2 channel leaves off. They've experienced how music can be...outside of the 2 channel box.

"I can assure you, I have heard what you're talking about, and my reaction to it is it's worse in every elemental way for music fidelity, than 2 carefully chosen and configured channels. Especially when you stipulate level cost."

Phil...I'm sorry but this statement tells me that you like so many others still don't know what I'm talking about. If however many systems left such a bad taste in your mouth toward MC, then you don't have any idea what I'm talking about!

"That doesn't mean I won't continue to be curious and listen for some future iteration of MC when someone gets it right. Today is just not that day."

This statement proves that there is still hope for you and MC music. Your still willing to take the time to listen and even learn something.

Phil...somebody got it right!!! And I heard it for myself about a month ago! Your today came a month ago.
"Where can I find more information on the 20.2 MC system?"

I don't know. My contact is no longer there. It was also a system in progress and I am sure it is different today.

Phil
Well Phil...your in luck. My contact is still good. You owe it to yourself to reach out to him. I'm sure he can even help with your 2 channel system as well.

http://www.theavarchitect.com/contactus.html