Pick your poison...2-channel or multi?

This post is just to get a general ideas among audiophiles and audio enthusiasts; to see who really likes what. Here's the catch!

If you were restricted to a budget of $10,000, and wanted to assemble a system, from start to finish, which format would you choose, 2 channel or mulichannel?

I'll go first and say multichannel. I've has to opportunity to hear a multichannel setup done right and can't see myself going back to 2-channel. I'm even taking my system posting down and will repost it as a multichannel system.

So...pick your poison! Which one will it be, 2-channel or multichannel.
cdwallace
I have a hard enough time working with two speakers and a room. But, I would love to have 10k to blow on a pair of Wilsons. Stereo for me.
Don't you mean a $6000 multichannel system and a $14,000 two channel system?

That is a more fair distribution of $20K in this contest.

See the 6K/14K causes a real problem because with some luck I could sell my $14,000 two channel system to some unsuspecting noob, for $7,000+ easy, thus I could then buy a $7,000+ surround system, which is even better than the $6000 surround system....am I off topic? Can I change the rules mid thread?, because I think the question is too easy?

OK, I'll shut up now, I'm voting surround.
Cinematic_Systems - You bring up an interesting point that I really didn't think of when I started the thread.

OK EVERYONE, let mix things up then. 14k is the budget for 2channel, 6K for MC. You rooms are equal; you have enough space to properly setup a 2channel or MC system. This is your realistic budget, you can't spend a dime more.

Well Neo, which will it be? The blue pill or the red pill?
If the budgets were the same, I would go 2-channel. A high quality 2-channel system IMHO would be more enjoyable than a not-as-high-quality multi-channel system. Most of the music I listen to isn't available or wasn't recorded in multi-channel, and I wouldn't sacrifice the high end sound quality to get surround effects in home theater movies...