Acoustic Zen Adagio, How Good Are They?

Just read the glowing review in TAS. Has enyone heard these and if so is all the positive press justified?
128x128rja
I normally do not recommend a product to anyone but I have to say this is an experience at the price point. I think the fact that my wife wants a second pair for the living room speaks for itself. On a side note they do come into their own in person - the pictures out there do not give credence to their looks - if the red fits your life-style they are as beautiful as they are sweet sounding.
I wish my wife wanted another pair!i got the red and the matching figured maple is beautifull.Matched split sides,matched fronts.My old man loved them..color and all,couldnt tear him away.He usually discourages me from purchasing gear,everything is over priced to him...go figure.They do come into there own after some burnin(200 + hours).Very content with them.I have been playing music proffesionally for a 35+ years,they just sound natural as can be with jazz.I think robert lee is a genius.
To try and shed some light on peoples perceptions of these speakers...[a disclosure-I am a NY based AZ/Adagio dealer].
I have set up several of these, including the pair we had at the HE 07 show last week. The newer version, to my ears, is even better than the prior.. drivers better integrated. The speaker is sensitive to not only toe in, but how tilted back it is set up on the spikes. In other words, I suggest checking with a level, side to side and front to back leveling. I find a slight tilt back, [bubble touching the outer center level marks as opposed to inner center ones]works best, and certainly level side to side adjusting with the spikes height.. This slight uptilt/tilt back, in most applcations will balance the driver focus and get image height locked in. If you listen standing more than sitting, even more tilt back may be to your liking. Toe in will vary from room to room, but moderate toe often works best. If I can be of help, let me know... Most people find the Adagio to create an extremely pleasing musical event.
I live 20 minutes from the factory and after spending 3 months looking for speakers I read a review of the Zen Adagio and heard some very favorable comments from a dealer who was trying to sell me another brand. Did not know the company was local but after reading many favorable reviews I decided check them out. I had listened to Dali, B&W, Theil, Areial, Magnapan, Revel, and Avalon but all had some flaw be it base, stage, presentation, or value. The Acoustic Zen won on all those catagories as I could not find faault. I bought a pair and am listening to my music more than ever. Playing thru a Musical Fidelity KW250S which is awesome too. Have the JPS Kaptavator power cord and Crystal Cable for speaker cable. The set up is blowing my mind with these Adagio's.

By the way I decided to drive out and check out the shop and I will tell you it is real hands on build. No machines (other than testing equipment), no production lines. The owner Robert and his son Jimmy were really nice and spent some time explaining what makes their speakers so unique. I was very impressed with their knowledge and passion for doing it right. Highly recommend and challenge anyone to find a better value in high end speaker! Go demo and you will buy!!!
I bought a pair recently after listening to many different brands ranging from $3,500-$25,000 and everytime I play these now I am still just blown away at how clean, natural, quick, and detailed these are while projecting a broad deep stage. We toyed around with cables and speaker wire the other day and that does make a real difference. My set up now is really just about as good as you can get things I think. I'm running the Musical Fidelity KW250S integrated amp with a JPS Kaptavator power cord and crystal speaker cables. I would like to see how all Acoustic Zen power cord and cables sound withthis set up but things right now seem so good it is hard to tamper with. Highly recommend these speakers to anyone considering!!!