Wilson W/P 5.1 vs B&W N802

I'm considering one of these two (used) Speakers. My budget is $6K (max). The room is 20'x26'x10'(H) with good acoustics.

I have 2 local Dealers that carry both Wilson and B&W, both insist that the W/P 5.1 is a much better Speaker then the N802 with no comparison between the two. In 1999 B&W launched the N802 and Wilson replaced the W/P 5.1 (6).

I've heard and liked both in the past, (not at the same time, no A vs B).

Are the Dealers right? should I forget abount the N802 and focus my search on the W/P 5.1? Is this a no-brainer (at this price range-between these 2-models)?

Both models appear often enough here on A-gon, so the purchase won't be a problem.

Thanks!
jmvsc1ec
[email protected] - 1 A/B comparison is more valuable than 10,000 other peoples' opinions. Disregard them all, and decide for yourself.
For less than $6,000-you could buy a brand-new (discounted) pair of the new Focal/JM Lab 1027 Be Speakers which I have auditioned twice and found to sound amazing, IMO, close to the B&W 802D in detail, imaging & clarity, which I auditioned on the same day. Stereophile magazine recently gave the 1027 Be an "A Rating". A great deal for the money, probably 90+% of the sound of a pair of cost-no- object-Speakers, plus they look nice too.
Have owned B&W N802's and since replaced with Revel Studios. Wish I had replaced them earlier. Well worth the additional $ and not too much outside of your price range.
I second the recommendation regarding the Studios. If you were spending up to $10K, I would recommend the 802D. However, at your price point, the Studio is tough to beat. Of course, it is getting a little long in the tooth and a replacement is rumored to be available later this year. Nonetheless, I would buy the Studios over the 802N every day of the week. Just make sure you have a powerful amp to drive them. I use a BAT VK-6200 and have been very happy with the results.
I wasn't impressed with either - they both sounded pretty sterile in my system. In that price range, Legacy Focus 20/20 worked much better for me. I agree that you can do better. Haven't heard Usher but have heard lots of good things about them.

For a few dollars more, Legacy Whisper speakers (used) could amaze you. Sweet, open, airy and resolving sound - also very true to the music. They come up on Agon from time to time and are wonderful speakers.