Experience with the new Avantgarde Duo Omega

I currently own a pair of Duos that I am very pleased with. However, there is a new Duo Omega version available (a kit can be retrofitted to the non-Omega version). Does anyone have experience or observations with the new Omega version? The upgrade kit can be user installed and is not inexpensive. Thank you for your thoughts.
fineito
Triode, I have recently ordered the Omega upgrade for my Duos. I have heard from a couple of sources that the installation is quite simple. Your desciption however, suggests it may be harder than I have been led to believe. I must admit, taking a soldering iron to my Duos has me a bit nervous. Could you elaborate a bit more on the installation procedure?
Thanks.
Soldering is only required for the internal cable from the mid horn to the binding posts - the original cable must be de-soldered at the binding posts, then the new one soldered in place after the driver is replaced. Be sure to get some good solder w/high silver content! This is one of the easiest parts of the whole procedure. Just take your time and follow the instructions precisely - they give you a photo of each step along with the written procedures - no sweat.
Hi. To amplify on Triode's details on his upgrade. A most informative and comprehensive walk thru each step of the upgrade is available to peruse at 6 moons. This should assist in determining if you want to perform this job yourself. Avantgarde Duo Upgrade Article/Pictures.
Hey Triode, hi. Wondering what the rest of your system is. What preamp and amp are you using? Thank you kindly.
Tubes108: my pre is Cary SLP-98L with oil caps and direct coupling, with some groovy NOS Tung-Sol black glass round plate 6SN7s, and my new amps - the single most amazing piece of electronics I've ever "heard" - are Lamm ML2 monoblocks. Just retubed the Lamms (including NOS Tele 12AX7 smoothplates) and I'm in heaven. The system literally astounds me every day...