Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors - Room Size

Hi,

I liked the way SF Cremona Auditors present music. I like totem sound as well. But SF Cremona Auditors sounded a bit better to my taste. But I have a doubt whether such a small monitor with 6" woofer can fill a 20 x 20 room with music or not. The other options I like are SF Grand Piano Domus (a lot more than I want to pay), Totem Forest and Totem Hawk. Can you please let me know how will cremna auditor perform in a 20 x 20 room. I am thinking of pairing SF (both GP and Cremona Auditor) with cary SLI 80.

Grakesh
grakesh
I have audition both the Domus & aremona auditors. To me, cremona auditors are much better sounding. i use them with velodyne DD12 with success. With your room size, you will need a sub if you get the auditors. You may get away with floor standing Cremona. If you definitely don't want a sub, Thiel 2.4 ( in the same price range) sounds great in a large room without sub
Gali,

In what size room do you use your cremona auditors - velodyne DD12 combo ?

How do you compare Cremona and Cremona Auditors ? I was thinking Cremona will be full range and so will also help in HT. It is this same approach that made me consider GP Domus.

Thanks
Grakesh
213cobra,

Thanks for givin the input. I see that Zu Method is damn expensive for me to buy new and I dont see any used ones

Grakesh
20 x 12 feet with speakers on long wall. I did audition both at the dealers. Without subs, Cremona is way better at orchestra and piano music. Auditors are more coherent but overall similar transparency and sound. It lacked bass below 45Hz. With sub, Cremona Auditors are practically the same as Cremonas with sub. Auditors offer easier room placement.
Glai,

What is the roof height where your Cremona Auditors are played ...I mean 20 x 12 x ??

What are you driving your Cremon Auditors with ? What integrated amp would you recommend for Cremona Auditors ?

I auditioned Cremona Auditors with Pathos Logos and that combo is excellent

Thanks
Grakesh