Do I want a sub with VR-4jr's?

Hi everyone
I have a set of Von schweikert vr4jrs, powered by a sim audio processor and bel canto amps. I love the sound. I am using them for 85% music and 15% Home theatre. I am thinking about getting a sub to round out the extreme bottom end, but I am left thinking that due to the excellent low end extension of the jr's that I may not realise much benefit. If I do buy a sub I have no problem getting good quality...be it Rel, MJ or whatever.
Any recommendations? What subs do you think would work well for *seamless* integration with music and maybe help HT use?
My musical preferance is ANYTHING but country.
Cheers
S
superfly676
Yes, you do want it. I have been using Velodyne DD-15 with my VR-4jr's and the sub addition made a very significant difference for 2-ch music, and even more significant for HT.
Velodyne DD series is very easy to integrate with any speakers b.c of it digital equal. capacity.
Regards.
It will cost you a lot to hear the last 5Hz in the audible range. Not only moneywise but trying to integrate it and messing with placement. They have very good bass, but if you need that last bit then a sub would help. I've heard it with a sub and it does fill the sound out more. but without a sub it has solid deep bass minus the very bottom end.

It's up to you.

Best of luck,
Rob
Thanks for the input guys. I am very happy with the sound so far, but I can tell I am lacking the very bottom of the audible range. I think that a very good sub, crossed over quite low, could add nicely.

Would you recommend DD-15, REL, MJ ??? others? The emphasis is on very low freq bass obviously and it must integrate very well.
cheers
Sam
Maril555...

How do you like the signal cable products with your system? I also have the 3910 and I am considering using all signal cable ic's in my system.
Cheers
S