Sound Advice: 'Cost no object' on audio gear?

RE: Sound Advice: 'Cost no object' on audio gear? Be careful!!!

I was reading my local paper today (Contra Costa Times, Walnut Creek, CA) and was very surprised to see the article headline saying "Sound Advice: 'Cost no object' on audio gear? Be careful”.

It was very interesting for me to read about a pre-amp and dual mono amplifiers selling for $123,000 in my local paper. The writer (Don Lindich at www.soundadviceblog.com) talks about other equipment combinations that represent excellent value and performance he suggests to bring out the absolute best for someones Polk Speakers. He also states "While I caution against overspending on amplifiers, quality amplification is an investment that should last for decades and this combo is well worth the money".

I have no comment on how much someone was spends on an audio system. I just wanted to share the article with everyone and to report that high end audio is alive and well in my local newspaper. SEE:

http://www.contracostatimes.com/News/ci_27708927/Sound-Advice:-Cost-no-object-on-audio-gear?-Be-careful
hgeifman
Well, not only that, but stores that sell TV's don't always tune them all the same. The TV's that the store would prefer to sell are usually set up the best, while the other ones may not get the same attention. You would be surprised at how many stores do this type of thing. Its a very common practice.
A tv is all self contained. Most stereo systems involve matching of components. Then there is the room and it's acoustics. Not as simple. That's the difference.
Z Man, that's an old wives tale. Sorry to burst your bubble, Bubba. Lol. I know what you're thinking, they go to a two week training course on how to set up the expensive TVs.
"03-21-15: Geoffkait
Z Man, that's an old wives tale. Sorry to burst your bubble, Bubba. Lol. I know what you're thinking, they go to a two week training course on how to set up the expensive TVs. "

I'm not guessing on that one. Not saying that every person that sells TV's does this, but I know the people that used to do it. And these were store managers that knew full well how to set up a tv properly. It was done for 3 reasons. The first is overstock. They were loaded up on certain models and needed to get rid of them, so they made them look the best. Second was for mark-up and promotion purposes. They make more money on some TV's, than others. And third was minimum dealer requirements. Quite often, a stores dealer agreement will require a minimum amount of product be purchased as part of a contract. If not they, they could loose their pricing, and in some cases, their dealership.

And it was usually the bigger, more well known stores that did this type of thing. Also, just think of how easy it would be to do this type of thing. You don't really need to be skilled to de tune a TV. And if the customers suspect something, they just claim that other customers must have fooled with the settings. They are, after all, display models.