Is new Sony TA-A1ES ultimate made affordable ?

With lot's of cutting edge circuits, pseudo class A operation with only a single pair of output devices per channel(less=more), I feel this is a landmark product at $2k price. I am going to buy one in June. What ya think about Sony's return to High End ?
cjrxxx
What does it sound like? Did you put it next to anything else that you know the sound of? I'm just curious.
I have no idea how this unit will "sound". But, I am going to buy it as soon as I get the money. June I expect. Sony has produced some very, very excellent audio gear. It would seem that are really serious about these new units. I believe they will more than exceed any expectation.
"I have no idea how this unit will "sound". But, I am going to buy it as soon as I get the money."

That's crazy. Every company that comes out with a new product says its the best. Why not just listen to it first, then you'll know for sure?
Not a usual strategic move, yeah. But...I love Sony ES gear. Mind you, this unit WILL sound FABULOUS. I have owned a(from my oldest brother, passed away) old rusty TAN-F6 INTERGRATED, with the "pulse locked power supply". The pre-amp controls were a write-off, but it had MAIN IN inputs. I hooked it up to my pair of Von Schweikert VR8's and put on my XA7ES some PAT METHENY through an ADCOM preamp. Among THE best repro I ever heard. The four ohm VR8's caused it to close shop after 15-20 minuites, it never came back on....But I know what Sony can do. To the contrary, this is a very apt choice. It's a non-issue whether or not it's great, how great will be the surprise. Ever have that happen to you?