Rank Stereophile, & why no Von Schweikert reviews

Why is it that Stereophile has no Von Schweikert reviews in there archives? Did Albert piss them off? How would you rank Stereophile magazine against their competitors such as The Absolute Sound and others. Who is your favorite? Thanks
wjb
"Do the reviewers actually go out after ANY of these components they're writing about, or do they all come to the reviewer, or show up at some show the reviewer attended?"
Yes, we do go after some and sometimes succeed.

"There are reviewers reading both here and on AudioAsylum...do they ever get a clue from those places that some specific component may be worthy of their attention and go and seek out that manufacturer for a review sample?"
Sure. It still has to interest me, personally.

Kal
"Stereophile" will review direct sales products (with less than five dealers, obviously) if they have a money back return policy.

Hyperion has certainly been mentioned in various "Stereophile" show reports. I can't remember if there was a full review, but it would be easy to find out at the website.

"Stereophile" has exposed a lot of problem equipment in the last couple of years: The Klipsch boxes, some borderline malfunctioning electronics, inexplicably "damaged" Audio Physik speakers. The idea expressed above that there's no poor engineering or poor values in the kind of equipment they'll look at is just wrong. Even so, I agree most reviews end up in generic over-praising.
One good thing (although it could be bad) about Stereophile is that their review crew is relatively stable. So you really get to know the reviewer's tastes and biases. Personally, I like more comparison tests, and for the reviewers to go through their memory bank more often to remember what they liked better.

I have no problems with those "good value" comments. Most of these products have happy owners, meaning that they aren't horrible products. Btw. Don't manufacturers get an advanced copy of the review (from some print or online review mags) and when it's a bash, they can decide whether to pull the review or not?
"Btw. Don't manufacturers get an advanced copy of the review (from some print or online review mags) and when it's a bash, they can decide whether to pull the review or not?"

At Stereophile, they get an advanced copy to which they may respond with in "Manufacturers' Comments." They cannot pull the review.

Kal
At Stereophile, they get an advanced copy to which they may respond with in "Manufacturers' Comments." They cannot pull the review.

That's what I thought, judging from some of the angry manufacturer's comments I read over the past years :P