Most Overated Floor Standing Speaker Up to 15KPair

From your personal experiences what speaker, (Price range 0-15K Pair) did you demo or hear that you thought would be much better than they actually were?
tacmc5
I was going to add this to my original post but I was late. My Sophia's took at least 2 months of 24/7 to get there. I can tell you bass is not their shortcoming; once they have enough hours on them. (like so many things)
I know the whole line: Gershwin.
They're all upto $15k and all as one are overrated.
Vivaldi's listing at 5000 a pair unmodified. The 1000 modification I heard made it worse.
Legacy Focus.
The bass was boomy and the bass doesn't blend it at all with the mids and tweeter.
The crossover Legacy uses is terrible on that speaker
Not here to bash the Sophia.I was going over the freq response of this speaker. I noticed by the Stereophile measurements there's a hump that starts to rise around 40Hz and continues past 200Hz. With room lift there's no telling how high the hump would be, maybe another 6 to 12 dB ? This could be the reason for the midbass problems in certain rooms as stated in previous post.From what I've read and been told ,the only way to bandaid the problem would be to use a DSP to change the time delay of the signal to the drivers and also change the slopes of the crossover.Has anyone had luck doing this?