Wilson WP7 versus X1 - Gen III and Maxx II's

I am not interested in other speaker manufactures.

I have an opportunity to upgrade to X1 Gen III for way less than Maxx II's used (if they were even available). My only concern is will I lose anything that the WP7's do so amazingly well? I know setup of the X-1's will be even more critcal.

Opinions?
cytocycle
Oneobgyn,

Thanks for your response as I was looking for someone who has had extensive listening with Wilson products as you have.

My room for now is smaller 12x16 with vaulted ceiling from 8'-11', and it opens into another 10x10 room and is extensively bass trapped with 10 Realtraps (mondo and mini traps) so dynamic/loud output is not a problem even in a smaller room, plus I use mid nearfield setup currently.

Actually I looked into the Gen 5 upgrade and it's 35k and not worth it since buying Maxx II's is the obvious answer for that situation.

I could do the X1 right now with a little streching but it would take another year of saving to do Maxx II's and I'm inpatience.

I like the intimate dyanmic monitor sound of the WP7 but I would also like to get that wall of sound the Maxx's provide (as I haven't listened to X-1's yet- don't want to tire kick if I'm not going to buy). Increased impact is something else I would like as the Maxx II's were good but I still liked them with an XS Sub (That expierence at my dealer ruined me for all other subs)
Regards,
Chris
I also have an XS but now use it only with HT and LFE. You really won't need it with the X-1
BTW--your room size should be fine for the X-1's and/or the Maxx

I also have a room with a vaulted ceiling which is heavily trapped but no deficiencies with the X-2's
I looked at photos of your room with the WP7's.

If this is the room you will be using I would say that it is too small for the X-1's
Chris,

One OBGYN says it all. Patience is the key here. YOu don't need the headache. I also will add, that you can get most of that wall of sound in your room w. your Wilson 7s. How is the Theta gear doing. It should make you very happy. If you aren't getting the wall of sound go into analogue or do more room treatement. I am getting an amazing wall. I treated my ceiling which did a lot. I will post some pictures once I get a chance. I think any speaker upgrade will be pointless unless you really aggresively treat your room.