Everyone whose Merlins...

have just passed the break-in period, could you please post your thoughts on the speaker and SuperBAM. A friend is using my pair till my room is finished(Sometime next year).
128x128tabl10s
David,

There is no question in my mind that I have built my sytem around the VSM speaker. I was quite unprepared for the quantam leap in performance that the MX has brought to my set up. (although after two other VSM upgrades you would think I'd had a clue!) In my room, with my equipment it is a sound that I feel I would have to spend tens of thousands more to attain and for that I have no interest. (or budget)
David,
How long did it take for your Super Bam to fully break-in ?
Thanks,
Larry
Larry,

I honestly cannot say. I, at the best of times, have 45 minutes a day to listen to my system at night and I try my best during that time not to think about the equipment (I do that during the day, however :)). It could very well have a break in period, by it completely went by unnoticed.
I just followed Bobby’s advice about the best way to “break in” the Super BAM and have been enjoying it since day one.

David
100 plus hours of use for ac ops and at least a half dozen full battery discharges and charge up cycles will do the trick. to do this unplug the unit and switch to battery and the batteries will drain overnight with no music playing. the chip set draws a few volts at idle. then charge them up for 24 hours by playing music and drain again, etc.
bobby at merlin
Bobby,

In my rig, the sound continued to improve with 15 or 20 discharges/recharges. Just gets better and better : ))