Amplifier Question

I recently made an offer to buy a Classe CA-400 for $2,000. My question is whether this much power is needed to drive a pair of Tyler Acoustic Signature Ref Monitors?
firecracker_77
I am driving my Tyler Sig Monitors with a Classe CA-200/ CP 50 combo and it is outstanding. Once in a while I'll toss in queens of the stone age, nine inch nails, audioslave and try to loosen up the paint on my walls and never is there any sign of fatigue or loss of detail. I am also contemplating either the bass modules or trading up. I have heard comment that the full range Linbrook system loses some detail, imaging and has a bit thinner midrange, I would be interested to hear your comparison once you've burned your new Linbrooks in bit. Good Luck
Pipeguy...my Classe arrives tomorrow. I've decided that I won't be upgrading to the Linbrook Reference System right away and will stick with the Linbrook Monitors for a few months. I will definately share how the set-up sounds. I'm jealous of your pre-amp...I'm sure that makes a huge difference. I'm still using a Parasound pre and a Cambridge Audio CD player. I would like to uprgade to a Classe pre-amp...a nice one used can be had for less than $1,000 used as you know. Then, I want to get either a Classe CD player or a Wadia CD player. I read some great reviews on the Wadia models, and they are very cool looking. However, they don't come cheap used, so it may be a little while before I get one. Unfortunately, I have another $750 to pay on an engagement ring and a $17,000 wedding reception coming up that I will have to partly fund, so the dream system might be put on hold for a little longer. I wish that I had more audio friends. I live in Chicago, but I don't know any other people with systems to audition.
Firecracker - before you go to another CD player, think about some outboard DAC's to audition - digital doesn't hold its value at all, and you can get a great DAC for a reasonable price, so you can keep you existing CD - a lot cheaper.
Regarding your other post and the WAF - $17,750 for the ring and reception - hmmm, think about the speakers you could get for.....nevermind - or see what level of sense of humor she has.
Enjoy your Classe.
Snofun3...believe me, I have thought about what I could have gotten instead of that wedding reception, but it was a non-negotiable for her. Some women really need the pomp and circumstance I guess. I could have bought a nice used system for that.
I'm sure your $ will be well invested, and making her happy is one way to get the investment started correctly.

My wife and I got married on a beach in Key West with one of my buddy's as a witness. Relatives were specifically uninvited, even if they would have paid their own way - didn't want the hassle. We had a ball for 3-4 days renting Hobies, scuba, snorkeling, various frozen concoctions etc. To each his own - enjoy yourself, and start looking for your MAN room soon.