H.P.Caravelles owners, are you still Satisfied.

YES,I still get knock off my feet by these Speakers.They
are still a must hear Speakers.I keep getting BLOWN AWAY by how SUPERIOR they`re in Music Reproduction.Have anyone tweak their Caravelles.If so how? What made them sound better to you. Thank You
blcube
Good to hear you big guy. It is good to be listening to greatness. Indeed..
Warren, you know this begs the question. Which is better the Zu Definitions or the Caravelles? What drove you to purchase the Definitions? What are the differences in sound characteristics, as it appears the technologies are vastly different?
If I hadn't moved I would still own my Caravelles today and be happy. New crib with oodles of space, 12 foot ceilings. My Caravelles couldn't do it with my amplification and the two sub woofers I purchased to help things along were really bugging my wife, big time. Since this was our first house (that we owned) I had to compromise. I remembered the Zu review and was particularly excited about 16Hz to 20Hz, small footprint, no crossover, 101db!! and the chance to get into tubes; particulary SET, very strong WAF from her point of view, and she could have any damn color she pleased. The rest was history. Here's a few qualities about the Defs without getting too ridiculous:
1- The Defs are much more sensitive and dynamic. I believe the Caravelles are less sensitive than they are rated. Just a belief mind you
2-Definitions move more air: this is an understatement
3-planar/electrostatic speed. Caravelles are as well, but the Defs have them beat.
4-the Def's tweeter dispersion is quite phenominal
5-bass extension/we don't have to go there Caravelles need sub woofers.
6-no crossover anywhere!! filter transitions to the (4) 10 inch subs per speaker and the super tweeters. No crossovers let the music, from the two front 10 inch full range speakers, sound like the sound is pouring from a wide mouth spigot, rather than being squeezed through a cocktail straw.
7- they sound more tonally accurate to me. subjective I realize, but that be the case.
8-placement is less problematic.
9-the sound is more more communicative, particulary of emotion and more "real" sounding.
10-And I can use SET amplification. That's a VERY big deal for these tympanics.
There's a couple of things for ya. And I have Audiopoints on my Defs. Their spikes are not happening.

peace,

warren
Post removed