Best Speaker New or Used under $1.5K

Hello all,
I've been reading reviews all day long and never quite found what I'm looking for and now very confused. I recently purchased the Arcam AVR 300 and have Pardigm Ref. Studio 20's and CC with a little pair of Tannoys for the rear (they were free). I use my system 50/50 music and movies. As for music, I'm an old rocker growing up with Hendrix, Clapton, Allman Brothers, etc. now listen to Dave Mathews, Sara Mclauglin,etc...and will always listen to Stevie Ray. I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and would really appreciate your input. Starting with the mains? and maybe the CC? Thanks All.
denon53
I have 200 watts of solid state power and they sound very good. But you know whats great about them? Because of the time/phase coherancy they sound good on pretty much ANY amp. I have used mine with:
An old Citation 24
A newer Arragon amp
My son's Aiowa all in one system ( $200.00 at Costco).....and yes....they still sounded pretty good.......who'd a thunk it?
No worries. These speakers are sure to impress.
Hi Denon
When you finally decide what to get let us know, I was really getting into this topic!
Last fall I picked up a pair pair of Revel Performa F 30's. they may fall within your budget, They are big heavy and bulky but the best I've had yet.
IMO, Green Mountain speakers sound good with all equipment. They are very neutral. If the recording is bad, it will sound like a bad recording. If it is good, it will sound very good. I also found after buying Green Mountain, I wanted to upgrade my equipment to meet the performance level of the speakers. Every addition was only better. Very enjoyable process.
Ok Gentlemen,,, What are your thoughts about the Triangle Titus 202's which Stereophile Magazine Raved about and put it their B category?
Hello All, I haven't had any responses to my last question. I'm afraid I have burned everyone out on this topic. Please know that I greatly appreciate all you of comments and suggestions. It was very helpful in my decision making process and I learned a few things also. Thank you.