Differences between Accuphase C-2820 and C-3800?

Hi there, I'm mulling over the purchase of the C-2820 but have not totally written off the flagship C-3800. Does anyone know how they differ sonically?

Thanks in advance.
classact
Hi Bvdiman - yes the K6s sounds fabulous with the A-46, but they are not bi-wired. I actually connect a second pair of speakers to the amp's speaker B terminals so I can enjoy a different sound when I want it.

For example, for late night listening sometimes the K6 can be a bit overpowering so I switch speakers to something more mellow. Currently, my speaker B is the Spendor SA-1 but I'm considering trying Harbeth as well...
Hi Classact, interesting.. In so doing, do you use switch or manually? - as I don't recall seeing any A/B speaker select switch in most of their recent amps. My vintage integrated (E302 - '80s) did have them though. What cabling (IC, SC, PC) you using?

The C3800 is an extremely well built and great sounding piece. Have you gotten around to listen yet? Or perhaps already using one now? ;)

Bvdiman, unlike most of the old Accuphase power amps, the new amps (i.e. including the A-46 amp) have two sets of speaker terminals and therefore also on/off buttons (on the front panel) for each set.

Also Bvdiman, would you care to share with us your thoughts on FM Acoustic vs. Accuphase electronics. Dave, who also posted here is interesting in buying one of these two brands. (Since there are not that many posts and/or contributors to this thread, I hope Classact will not mine this "distraction".)

Classact, interesting to hear that you have found the A-46 to be better than the P-6100 amp. What preamp have you used for this comparison?
Hi Bvdiman - as Nvp has correctly pointed out, the A-46 has two switches on its front panel for Speaker A and Speaker B. I have to manually switch one off and the other on when alternating between speakers.

I use Auditorium 23 and Crystal Microdiamond speaker cables. As for the C-3800, no I haven't gotten round to listening to it yet.

Hi Nvp - no problem with your FM Acoustic question since I too would be interested in learning the answer!:)

When I compared the A-46 and P-6100 I used my E-560 integrated as the preamp (there is an Ext Pre button to press). Even though the 6100 was very good, I believe the class A sound is a better match for a speaker with ribbon tweeters.
Well, I used to own FM Acoustics (I bought them 20 years ago; Resolution Series 244C preamp and 611 amp,) and the sound was great. But, I needed more volume, and I set the gain too high on the amp. This caused the amp to go into thermal shutdown with the volume up most of the way. So you gotta watch the gain on FM. It can be too high or too low. You can easily go too high especially with cd and digital and too low with analog.
Other than that, they worked flawlessly. However, the build could have been a bit better; the panels on the amp and preamp were on the thinner side.

I would very much like to go back to FM, but the prices are that of a nice big house here in the US. It's rather ridiculous imo. I dunno who's buying this stuff, but they must be millionaires and billionaires.

If you have any other questions, let me know...