recommend entry-level high-efficiency loudspeakers

Hi,

I'm interested in building a shortlist of entry-level high efficiency loudspeakers suitable for use w/ lower powered tube amps, including single-ended triode setups. It's been a while since I actively researched audio gear and have never looked into high-efficiency designs in any detail.

I will define entry-level as absolutely no more than $1000 USD new but preferably speakers that are in the ~$500 USD used range.

Thanks for your thoughts.
guy_mann
klipsch rb5 II is a bargain and a nice speaker...have to find used as it is discontinued; ebay best bet
Without knowing the variables of your room, I'd "third' the recommendation on the Triangles. These dynamic simple speakers are perfect for good tubes it appears
If you could find a used pair of Klipsch KLF20s you would be in good shape. Great High efficiency (100db) speaker. I used mine with a Jolida PP amp, would be even better with SET. Dynamics in spades.
If you could step up to a used pair of Living Voice Auditorium (about $1200-1500)--you'll never regret it. Its strength is the midrange. I've not heard better female vocals than these--maybe even better than Spendors.