recommend entry-level high-efficiency loudspeakers

Hi,

I'm interested in building a shortlist of entry-level high efficiency loudspeakers suitable for use w/ lower powered tube amps, including single-ended triode setups. It's been a while since I actively researched audio gear and have never looked into high-efficiency designs in any detail.

I will define entry-level as absolutely no more than $1000 USD new but preferably speakers that are in the ~$500 USD used range.

Thanks for your thoughts.
guy_mann
Practical pairings of high efficiency speakers and low power SET amps to me does not include speakers in the low 90dB range. You need around 100 dB to really work with low power SET amps. That said, the options are very wide indeed, and in my opinion, the only way to achieve a satisfying home experience at a practical price point.
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I would agree that, in this case, low 90dB would not be efficient enough for my purposes. High 90 or 100+dB is more what I am looking for. Seems to me there was a French loudspeaker company that made a number of bookshelf sized high-efficiency loudpspeakers in the sub $500 range a few years ago but I can not remember the name of the company.
I vote for Klipsch Epic CF3 or 4. 100dB efficient and under $1000.00. A great speaker and a lot of fun to listen to. They do however, weigh in at over a hundred pounds each. If you go to the older Klipsch speakers they will also hold their value.
The french company is probably Triangle. You might opt for a (very easy to implement) kit. Hammer Dynamicsis a very reasonably priced, excellent performer. Check out the "tweaks" at Melhuish's website.