More on the VR4seIII

The instructions I read when I recieved mine state that if your into rock,heavy metal you need to bi-amp these speakers. I earlier asked what are people useing successfully with these speakers ,and see nowhere that users are bi-amping. I dont feel Im geting the best out of mine thus the reason for asking for help. Has anyone run a tube amp for the top, and solid state for the bottom. Im considering getting the RM 200 for the top and maybe Belles 150A HR for the bottom. Or Bel Canto for the bottom, or Halo for the bottom. See what I mean? Im not sure ,please advise if you would. Thanks Map1
map1
I reviewed my VR4 GenIII's a few yrs. ago & recently did an update here that you may find interesting.

With an amp big enough to deliver higher SPL's w/o distortion you don't need to bi-amp, although that gives you more headroom. I can easily play my system at 100+ dB at the listening position.

In addition to room & spkr positioning, I've found cables (power, spkr, IC) & isolation to have a big impact on refining the quality of the presentation.
If you want dynamics, lots of detail and serious DEEP bass energy, try them with a Spectron Musician II... It was a fantastic match for me, but I ended up being seduced by the harmonic rightness and 3-d imaging that my VAC Phi amp provided me on them in the long run.
Map1: You mention that you are bi-wiring and jumpering between the top and bottom, this could be dangerous to your amp, remove the jumpers when you bi-wire.

My friend bi-amped his VR4's with a tubes on the top end and SS amp on the bottom and they were extremely bass heavy because without using an active crossover the amps have different input sensitivity and watt ratings which causes them to ramp up at different volumn levels... what makes things worse with the VR's is the top and bottom have different impedences so that also causes the Solid state amp to double in watts making the the disparity even worse.. So look at getting a Bryston active crossover or something to allow the matching or just do what he did and get a Parasound JC-1 (and make sure to break them in 1400hrs to hear what they are capable)

I actually brought over my Music Reference RM200 over and we bi-wired it to the 8ohm taps (sounded more dynamic than the 4ohm taps) It was pretty amazing the control and the bass it had but the room wasn't as big as yours. The RM200 is an amazing amp but if you are a crank it fan, you can't go wrong with the JC-1's output, and then make sure to put a transparent tube preamp in front of it to get an excellent combo. My friend uses an ARC LS25 preamp. Or try a Rowland Synergy IIi (which is what I use and we tried at his place)
WoW, I want to thank all of you for your expeirenced suggestions.They were all thought out in a very careing way. Driver also had some very helpful info in his see here spot. TVAD, I did not know that the VAC amps were used for his demos. That in itselph has me leaning in that direction. Do you happen to know what pre-amp hes useing durring that time? LOUIS, I almost bought the ARC VT100MKII a while back because of all the great things Id heard about it. I had differant equipment then and decided to change speakers to the VR4SHEIII. Thats where Im at now an will keep my eyes open for another VT100. I here Brown makes a good amp too, thinking about that one also. The tube pre with the JC1 is at the top of the list If I do go the VAC direction, now your talking in the area of Classe CAM350, VTL MB450, and I doubt that my BELLES21A tube Pre is worthy of the VAC amp. I can do it at this time but want to watch out for deminishing returns you know. Heres a question for all of you that now or have owned th VR4 s Staying within my realist budget of about 10.000.00 for amp an pre-amp, If you had it to do over again bassed on your experiences with this equipment what would you get to run this VR4 system? Remember I now have the Belles 150 hot rod amp an the belles tube pre- amp. should I sell that stuff for better or add to it?
Post removed 
More to discover