Anyone hear the Von Schweikert DB-99?

Does anyone own or heard this speaker? If so, please give me your impressions.

Also, what are the sonic benefits (if any) in a high efficency speaker over regular efficency?

Thanks
tickfight
"I can't really put my finger on any one area where I felt the VR SRs were seriously lacking..."

Drseid,

which day did you stop in to listen to the 4 Sr? my understanding is that it took a few days of trial and error to get the speakers to sound right in the room they were in.
I heard that too... But in my case, it was on the last full day of THE Show (it was also the day CES wrapped up). VS did have some problems with the CD player when I was in the room though (sorry, I did not catch the brand)... From what I heard, most people felt that by the time I listened to them, they were indeed setup the way VS wanted...

---Dave
i believe they used an Oracle CD player in that room...i know Albert mentioned that he still wasn't pleased with the sound at the end, but it was the best they could do given the limitations of the room.
This may be a good point overall. I wonder if the DB-99's were put in the room where the VR 4 SR's were and the same CD player used if they would have sounded as uninspiring as the VR 4 JR's did? Which is to say that the DB-99's could be viewed as more versitile as they have bass management and perhapse easier regarding image placement. Just a thought.
I own one of the few pair of VS DB-100's, which VS no longer produces. According to Kevin at VS, it certainly wasn't due to the sonics, but due to the aesthetics. Mine are 200 pounds each, a little under 5' tall, 22" deep and 14" wide. They also contain the bass amps and controls. They are covered by a simple black fabric with black end caps. They look fine to me. I'd rather invest in sonics then aesthetics anyway.

The DB-100's preceded the new incarnation of the DB-99's. They both retail for the same amount. I wonder why the DB-100's are significantly heavier and larger?

Anyway, I think mine are great and I'm sure the new DB-99's are, as well. Mine are matched with Art Audio Jota Monoblocks which are 20 watt SET's. A fantastic match with more power than I need. Imaging is fantastic. I recomend using a Systrum stand with your equipment as well as putting a Systrum SP-1 under each speaker. Much improved clarity, etc.