North Creek B&W 801 crossovers? Tried them?

I know they are rather pricey at $1600.00+... Has anyone auditioned these crossovers or own a set? I have a pair of B&W 801 S3 speakers that I drive with a CAL 2500 MCA. The sound is very nice but I was wondering what difference these crossovers would make, if any... If so would the difference be worth the $$? I only paid $2100 for the speakers (an AWESOME deal as far as I am concerned, considering the condition, PERFECT). Hope to hear from you. I am also looking for a pair of the stands they used to make for these speakers. Are there any out there for sale? Thanks for looking! Paul
tahoe36c
Kehut
I thought you were familiar. Is the floor suspended or concrete? If i remember correctly, i sugested that the feet be changed to something more substantial, since the Tone Cones tips are somewhat soft.
Tab- Concrete floors, Logan etc type spikes which are adjustable on sand filled Sound Anchors.What was the wiring you used? Any others you would look at?? My 801's do not have the flimsy clip connector between the drivers, yet I may rewire them anyway for best sonics eventually. Thanks, Ken
Furukawa was recommended. You could-Ahem- wire them with the same cables that you're using(Crossover's too) for true synergy if you plan on keeping theses for the long-haul. I almost forgot, spike the the boxes. You could use some substantial spkies here to good effect. Try some ERS sheets inside or out. To go overgoard you could use Marigo Dots on all the Xover caps. As i may have mentioned before, i had suspended floors and i wanted to isolate everything: BDR "Through Things" between the cabinet and stand or feet and stand. It is a good thing the the Manufacturer simplified and lowered costs too. They used to be a four box system that had to be hard-wired. Don't the 801's look cool with two black boxes sitting on white carpet?
Yes...Indeed, Thanks!. Boxes are spiked. I have moved the boxes behind the speaks for now for a neat and clean appearence. Thanks for the info Tab!

Tahoe36c...Let me once again reinterate that the NC XO's are indeed worth the bucks, especially if your goung to keep them for awhile. Should you ever decide to sell them eventually, I know there are many who would get in line to buy them used! Good luck with your 801's.-Ken :)