Best amp for Vandersteen 2sig

Hi, I am starting over with my system. I am considering going with Vandersteen 2sig. I have heard these at a dealer was very impressed with their sound and value. The goal is a very enjoyable stereo system without spending as much as new car would cost! I already have a Rega planet 2000, VTL 2.5 pre amp, Transparent interconnects and speaker cables, and Richard Gray 400 power conditioner. I am cosidering a VTL ST85 (about 80w per ch) because this really fits the budget. But is this amp enough tube power to drive these speakers? I like to listen to Jazz and Rock, not A/C D/C at 120db but more like Steely Dan at low to moderate levels.
Thank you for your suggestions.
vdosc
My Vandies 3 signatures sound excellent with a Mcintosh 2102 amp and 2200 preamp. Great speakers.
To my silly solid state but veteran ears, they seem rather uninvolving in my friend's system, with REL Strata III and Jolida 302B sourced by ShengYa CS10 CD/HDCD and Sony SACD changer. Good to excellent IC's, wiring, power and speaker, and tube rolled. But they're better with his Pro-Ject 1.2 Sumiko Oyster.

My uncle's Vandy 1's in his Oahu hideaway also sound like that with a huge Kenwood KR 9600 receiver. I know, old vintage amp. But, there is a kind of house sound.

They seem to need a LOT of power. My 2.5 cents.