Maggie's and cats

I am thinking of taking the plunge on a pair of Maggie 1.6's for my second system (surround system). They seem like the best sound I can get for the money. I have two great reservations however named Heebee and Geebee.......... my two cats. I had the speakers home for a couple of days for audition with no troubles, but can just imagine walking in the door one night to find they have been turned into a huge jungle gym/scratch post by my two manx'. Is anyone out there in a similar situation? Has anyone found any solutions to the problem. Up until now I had not even considered these speakers for this very reason; thing is I really like the sound (and value).

Thanks
Cmo
cmo
Except for YOURS GUNBEI!

IT WASNT USEFUL AT ALL!

WAY TO MESS THINGS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAA
I have a pair Quad ESL63 speakers and 2 cats. What I did when I got the cats was spray cat repellent on the speakers and the cats stayed away. I keep spraying them once a week for about a month and after that the cats seems to know not to get cloase to the speakers and now I don't have to spray them any more.
Play some Cat Stevens thru them. After awhile your cats will accept them as part of the pride.
Try spraying them (the Maggies) with perfume.
Worked for me and especially to mask the other womans perfume.
Really though, only spray the edges near the bottom and not near the ribbons .One taste of that and that should do it,or if it doesn't use violence.
I have VR4 GenIII's, which are covered in cloth & look like giant scratching posts. I was a bit concerned that the cat would tear them up, so when I hooked them up for the first time I cranked the system up to almost max volume & left them like that for 100 hrs.

It's been over two years & the cat has never touched them that I've noticed, although being a cat, probably scratched them once just to prove she could.