Maggie's and cats

I am thinking of taking the plunge on a pair of Maggie 1.6's for my second system (surround system). They seem like the best sound I can get for the money. I have two great reservations however named Heebee and Geebee.......... my two cats. I had the speakers home for a couple of days for audition with no troubles, but can just imagine walking in the door one night to find they have been turned into a huge jungle gym/scratch post by my two manx'. Is anyone out there in a similar situation? Has anyone found any solutions to the problem. Up until now I had not even considered these speakers for this very reason; thing is I really like the sound (and value).

Thanks
Cmo
cmo
The Cure? A couple shells of buckshot and double barrel 12 gauge should do the trick. Preferably outside.

-Ed
"If they are house cats de-claw them."

Note: Illegal in parts of California and other states. For good reason IMHO.
Your cats can learn by Pavlovian conditioned response. Get a squirt gun and fill it will VERY dilute ammonia and water--enough to annoy the cat but not to hurt it. When the cat touches the Maggie,squirt it(the cat,not the Maggie). Cats are clean and the odor will anoy them. Soon they will not scratch them anymore.