Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
I own a pair of Source Technologies - as of today, they've had no press, nor have they spent any money on marketing and advertising --- these speakers are truly magnificent.
This is the company that makes the Harmonic Recovery System.
From what I hear, a couple of reviews will be in the summer of 04.
Believe it or not...Vandersteen VSM Signatures sound REALLY great. My next living room system will use them for the front L/R along with non-Signatures for the surrounds. (Center will probably be a VCC-5.)
Cheers,
Mike
The cat is out of the bag! GMA Europas! THey are easily on par with B&W 805s...
The best kept secret for me is that some very unlikely speakers can inexplicably sound wonderful in a listening room through sheer synergy. For example, the last time I had this reinforced to me was when some Chario Academy 1 speakers came my way at very low cost. They ended up being the best speaker I have heard in one of my systems. Apart from the fact they required me to get some good stands and change cabling to suit their particular coloration, they have trounced speakers costing several times their worth. But when I put them in my other systems, they sound pretty ordinary - which I reckon they are. But in that particular room....