Your ''best kept secret'' speaker choice ?

Some manufacturers have the financial means to plaster magazines with ads. For other, they are still at the word-of-mouth stage, and many will not get past this line.

I was wondering what less-than-well-known, or obscure speaker out there stand out as particularly gifted both in sonics and value ? Could be in any price category....
sonicbeauty
Reimer speakers. Individually hand-built. Good efficiency. Great sound! I own the McCullough, and I'm impressed.
I have propounded on this topic many times here already, but like any good pragmatist here goes...

The company is a name know to EVERYONE, but not as a speaker manufacturer. Sony made a series of speakers which were American designed and made with a cost-no-object design budget. They came up with 3 models, one of which was radically improved in subsequent versions. They models developed were the SS M3, SS M7 (which I own) and the SS M9 (which I bought to replace the SS M7).

The first model is a small two-way book shelf speaker. The next model is a stand-mounted three-way with beautiful mid range, but no serious bass. The next model is a floor standing three-way four driver ported design. When I went from the SS M7 to the SS M9 I expected better bass, I was surprised to hear that ever aspect of the speakers sound was improved.

The SS M9 has evolved from a $5000 speaker to an amazing $20,000 speaker in the last few years.

They are all very good speakers for obviously different needs and budgets, but are worth investigating by anyone who wants more speaker than than are paying for from their manufacturer of choice!

Can someone help me off my soapbox, this long-winded diatribe has left me dizzy!
I am an owner of a Maggies SMGc. They worth few hundreds now but they still beat lots of brand name speakers that you always see on the ad or magazine. Another speakers that I would like to bring up here is Duntech. There seem Duntech don't bother to put an ad on any magazine or even a dealer (especially, North America), I don't know why and how they could sale their products. I did not know them until a friend owned a pair and introduced them to me. They are gifted on sonic and value, my friend has them for almost 12 yrs, and they are still singing loud and good. They do cost but with 12 yrs happy listening, I think they are worth every penny.
Usher from Taiwan should get a vote. They are no longer a "secret" since they actively advertise in US magazines, but they are still bargains and offer the best bang for the bucks money can buy.
For brave people (If they break..you fix) I think Apogees are the best speaker on the market up and down the whole line.

For not so brave I'll agree with the Maggies up and down the line.

For another Ribbon speaker (hi-brid), Vmps line of Ribbon speakers float my boat.

Dave