How many Maggie owners have special stands?

I have recently put cinder blocks and top of my Maggie stands and am amazed at the improvement. The midrange became the main focus of the sound (not the bass) and the speakers came alive in the midrange in a way that I could not achieve with amps or wire.

I want to take my stands to the extreme now and make them absolutely rigid.

My questions are:

What is everyone else doing and how does it affect the sound?

Has anyone run posts from the floor to the ceiling and attached the speakers to them?

Maybe the second question is not necessary but you get the idea, I am convinced this is the kind of improvment Maggie owners want, more 'snap' and micro dynamics is what I hear.

cheers
Phil
128x128philjolet
I enjoyed my Maggie IIIAs for 14 years and I was always amazed at how minor tweaks to the stands, and placement, affected the sound. I had the best results when I placed Walker Valid Points under them. I have switched to Proac 3.8s but I still have the Maggies. I have contemplated designing my own stands and having my local machine shop build them.
Recently I have been using Mye sound stands with MG-1.6's with great success. These should be standard equipment for the speakers. They allow precise height and tilt control and a mid-panel brace that prevents "flapping" that sometimes occurs on bass transients. Highly recommended.
Part of the value of Maggies over standmounts,etc is that stands are not required...I am not discounting the above comments...but the real key area(and has always been) with Mags is speaker placement...especially in the rear....when set up correctly...the need for any additional modification...in the case of the 1.6s...is really a non-issue...
phasecorrect thanks for the response but can you explain what you mean about: speaker placement...especially in the rear

What does that mean? the distance from the back wall to the speaker? or maybe it means sound treatment?

I agree that placement is critical but when better sound of this magnitude is available by improving the stands it is an issue for me.
When set up correctly...that is 3-4 ft behind the speakers...and a good 2-3 ft. away from side walls...the need for additional stands is diminished...the overall soundstage doesnt change...especially in regards to depth...and imaging with Mags has always been good regardless of speaker depth....I would personally invest more in amps,sources,and cables than monkey with stands that Magnepan doesnt endorse....