Klipsch love them or hate them.

My best friend drives me crazy.Every time we get into a discussion about audio,he tells me how great klipsch speakers are.I think they are the worst speakers.What do you think!
taters
I do know one thing I have a pair of LaScala`s in my garage system and I know my neighbor`s HATE them. David
We had a pair of LaScalas at my fraternity house. They were 10 years old, often sat in 1 inch of basement beer-mud, survived rainstorms (for outside parties), danced on, played countless hours at deafening levels and they were still hands down the best sounding speakers on campus.

I loved those things.
Love 'em, that is, the classic or heritage series. I got my start as an audiophile when I went over to a friend's house for the first time back in 1982, and heard his K-horns. I was flabbergasted; never new stereo could sound like that. Got hooked big time. Owned the Forte for while thereafter.
I have a set of KLF-20 Legend Series Klipsch speakers that I use for 2 channel right now and eventually will be used for my HT too. These Klipsch speakers absolutely rock! They are incredibly dynamic and make you feel like you are right there getting a private performance.

They are really heavy and I know that when it's time to move, they'll probably convey with the house. It will definitely be a very sad day in my life.
I am surprised more speaker companies don't use folded horns. But for $1,600 the pair of Chorus II's, yes they are heavy.....best value then and now.

We don't have opp to bring in other large speakers to our home to try them out, I am sure there are btter sounding speakers....5X the price....and we would be mincing words.

Especially love the way synth music and accoutic and electric guitar sounds so lifelike, and percussion as well. I think some of this is due to my Theta Dread II